Our development team produce beautifully designed but eminently functional, user-focused digital experiences of all kinds for client brands and organisations throughout the world. Working closely with the wider studio team, we're looking for another Front End Developer to joint the team and help create high impact brand driven design solutions on multiple digital platforms that inspire and engage audiences and deliver robust, intuitive and enjoyable user experiences.
Who are we?
At AV Browne the work we produce is very important. If we didn’t produce beautiful, engaging, challenging, innovative, effective work for clients of all shapes, sizes, markets and industries, what would be the point?
So, everyone who works here wants to be the best. But we don’t just mean the best strategist, the best UX designer or the best Front End Developer.
We want the best team-mate, the best at bringing people together, the best at nurturing, inspiring and collaborating, the best at motivating and at commiserating. We need everyone in the team to be fully accountable, responsible and help their colleagues when they need it (and without it being asked of them each time).
But we believe your family, your friends, your whole life outside work is every bit as important as your life inside work, and if we’ve learned anything this year is that the two are often entwined. And so they should be.
We are on a pathway of progressive change in our agency; one that values people, profit and planet equally. We are an Equal Opportunity employer with salary and associated benefits commensurate with experience and benchmarked against industry standards.
We operate a flexible working policy within a four-day week environment.
Who are you?
The right person will be an experienced Front End Developer, who wants to work in an integrated agency environment with a depth of experience across a variety of sectors (Business to Business, Food, Tourism, Government, Financial Services).
You’ll be a natural problem solver with a passion and talent for web development. You take pride in everything you do and show a strong desire to push the boundaries of what’s possible when given the opportunity.
You want to create powerful and compelling interactive and responsive design that addresses the core requirements of the user.
You keep up to date with the industry here and globally, always looking to ‘best practice’ to continually learn and get inspired. You are a true collaborator and enjoy working in a diverse team with varied skill-sets.
Must-have Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience professional front-end web development experience in digital agency or similar environment.
- Good knowledge of semantic HTML5 markup.
- Strong understanding of CSS and CSS pre-processors e.g. SASS / LESS / PostCSS.
- Good knowledge of web optimisation such as file minification, concatenation, deferred loading etc.
- Ability to create cross browser and cross device websites.
- Experience creating responsive layouts and usage of CSS media queries.
- Strong experience using AJAX to communication with back-end servers and remote APIs via JSON.
- Experience of front end web tools such as Gulp & Webpack.
- Great communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Vue, React or Nuxt
- Understanding of creating single-page web apps
- An eye for great design and user experience
- CSS3 animation
- Experience with HTML video or audio
- Experience of social network APIs
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your cv and a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria. Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 4th February 2021 at 5pmApply Now