We’re looking for an Account Director with a successful track record in leading brand, design, digital and advertising projects, for business to business, local government, and consumer focused clients.
We’re a creative, brand and digital agency operating increasingly without borders, and your clients could be located on the island of Ireland, GB, Europe or in the US.
With offices in both Belfast (AV Browne) and Dublin (McCann Dublin), you can choose where you wish to be based, but splitting your working time in a hybrid fashion, you will be expected to be within easy commuting distance from your main office location.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. Salaries and associated benefits are benchmarked against industry standards in both locations, and commensurate with experience.
We operate a flexible working policy we are on a pathway of progressive change in our agency; one that values people, profit and planet equally.
The Purpose of the Role
As a principal member of the Client Services team, the Account Director is invested in both Agency and Client, fosters positive team relationships with everyone across media, client services, and creative and works collaboratively with the entire Agency to achieve the best results.
Working across the disciplines of branding, digital, design & marketing and across all platforms, the Account Director’s role is to develop a full understanding of their client’s world, targets, opportunities and challenges, enabling them to act as the clients’ voice within the agency, with the goal of producing innovative, engaging and effective brand and campaign solutions.
This is a senior role, the purpose of which is to be a trusted advisor and strategic leader to our clients, to build strong, commercially sound partnerships based on mutual respect, and to plan, develop and deliver insight-led, creative solutions and effective marketing roadmaps to help them achieve business success.
Another key element of the role is to win and grow business and revenue by identifying and creating opportunities with and between existing clients, seeking out and developing brand new business prospects, and through cross selling and upselling our services where appropriate.
Who We Need
We need highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial people who have both the appetite and business acumen to help drive our client portfolio forwards.
Thoroughly comfortable and professional in championing your clients’ requirements, you’ll be someone who can, and has, built relationships with decision makers at every level, whereby they value your opinions and see you as a trusted advisor on business issues as they relate to marketing at its widest.
A skilled and engaging communicator, you’ll be an excellent and concise writer, experienced in writing successful new business proposals, undaunted by leading pitches and presenting at the highest level.
You will have a genuine, ongoing interest in your clients, an understanding of their industries, their competitors and the wider business and economic landscape, combined with a passion for brand marketing and a constant desire to do better.
You can interrogate client requests, write and shape briefs using qualitative research, trends, market data and your own learned knowledge, which enable the strategic, brand, creative and digital teams to produce innovative, engaging and effective brand solutions and campaigns.
You’ll seek secondary market and research data to monitor cultural and social trends and their impact on consumers’ attitudes, behaviours and perceptions and specifically your client’s audiences. You’ll work with our Strategic Planner when appropriate to commission research, both quantitative and qualitative to inform and support brand strategies.
An effective manager of people – you’re an efficient delegator and are comfortable coaching and mentoring more junior and differently-skilled staff.
You’ll also be an active manager of time and financial resources, ensuring your jobs don’t suffer scope creep or overruns. Working with the Operations and wider Client Services team you take responsibility for cost calculation, budget tracking and you always have one eye on ensuring key project milestones and client objectives are achieved.
Finally, you throw yourself into Agency life with enthusiasm, embracing our culture of creating change, living out our inclusive values and playing your part in enhancing and maintaining morale.
The following skills, experience and criteria are essential, and you must be able to demonstrate these through your previous experience;
- 4+ years’ experience in a Client Services role working on brand, advertising and digital projects, ideally in a similar agency environment.
- Experience of successfully leading multiple and concurrent client projects with cross-functional (e.g., Creative/Web/Strategy/Media) and geographically disparate teams.
- Proactively leading pitches and undertaking new business development.
- Writing well-structured and insight-based briefs, scopes and proposals.
- Disseminating and analysing information to demonstrate effectiveness and new learnings.
- Build and maintain strong connections to the industry that ensure you are at the forefront of key trends and changes.
- Excellence in time and resource management.
- Nurturing and monitoring client relationships and client satisfaction and ability to address concerns effectively.
- Setting and maintaining the highest standards for work and internally challenging work when appropriate.
- Communications excellence – keeping Delivery and Senior Management Team up to date with relevant client issues.
- Demonstrating initiative, and accountability.
- People management, and recognising individual and team achievements
- Externally championing agency, news and clients.
- Being prepared to go the extra mile to deliver successful outcomes
- It would be really great if you were familiar with tools such as StreamTime, Trello or any other agile project management systems.
- Google Accreditations are desirable.
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your cv and a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th July 2022 at 5pmApply Now